Peppermint is highly known for its amazing benefits to human health. Originally grown in Europe and the Middle East, the plant is now widely grown worldwide. A hybrid between water mint and spearmint, peppermint is well known for its medicinal, therapeutic and antibacterial properties to name a few. The herb can be used externally and internally as a cure to various ailments and skin related disorders.
Properties and Benefits
Peppermint oil is well known for its medicinal properties and is known to cure a wide range of ailments in adults and children alike as follows:-
- Peppermint oil is an excellent cure for stomach related disorders like Irritable Bowel Syndrome, indigestion, gastric trouble, stomach pain and upset stomach. The oil helps to sooth your stomach by getting rid of the related disorder.
- The decongestant properties of peppermint are known to clear the respiratory tract thus, proving to be an excellent cure for cold. To get rid of cold related nasal congestion, inhale the peppermint oil by adding a tinge of it in vaporizer or rub it on the chest.
- Rubbing peppermint oil on the chest and behind neck will also help to regulate fever.
- Peppermint is also being used to whiten ones teeth and is an amazing breath freshener. Because of this property it is widely being used as an ingredient in mouthwash. You can also add a few drops to your toothpaste to give a fresh makeover to your mouth.
- Peppermint oil is also known to heal headaches by relieving tension and pain. Massaging peppermint oil onto your forehead will help you in this. The oil also helps in relieving muscle pain. The oil is also well known for its antibacterial and antiseptic properties. Adding a few drops of peppermint oil to your body lotion, oil or body wash will help to cool your skin instantly.
- Mixing the peppermint oil to your shampoo or hair oil will help to get rid of dandruff and itchy scalp.
- New mothers very often find cracks in their nipples and associated pain due to breast feeding. Water mixed with peppermint oil will help to reduce the crack and sooth the skin.
- The therapeutic properties of peppermint oil are worth mentioning. Rubbing a few drops of oil on to your heels, will help to regain smooth feet in no time.
- Peppermint oil is an excellent bug repellent as well.
- Peppermint leaves can also be added to your favorite food to enhance the taste of it. Or you can simply add hot water to either fresh or dried peppermint leaves to make a peppermint tea.When you make smoothies, add a few leaves of peppermint and blend it along with other ingredients to give a treat to your taste buds.
- Inhaling peppermint oil helps in reducing hunger cravings as well.
- Peppermint tea helps with leaky gut.
Peppermint is an amazing herb, thanks to its multiple properties that benefits human health. The fact that the herb can be used round the clock, makes it even more interesting. Peppermint oil is also being used for aromatherapy after it has been found that inhaling the oil has multiple benefits to human health. Say yes to good health by using this simple gift from nature.